Thursday, December 31, 2020

Editing


 Today I edited the rest of the film that we film over the past weekend. This time it was much easier than previously. I focused my time today on picking which takes to use. When I first tried to open the videos on my laptop it was not opening. I spent at least 10 minutes trying to open the videos before I went to my teacher. I admit I was starting to worried because I thought we were going to have a re-film everything we did on Friday. Most of what we filmed on Friday was a big chuck of our movie so it was worrisome. This part for me is the most time consuming because I have to watch four or five takes of the same scene. I was able to get some parts of the beginning scene cut. Most of what I have edited now is cut and ready for transitions and special effects. 


       After patiently waiting on pinnacle studios to load it popped up. So I took the flash drive and put it in the computer. This was where all our footage was. I got on the computer and deleted the sample footage. One of my teammates clicked the import button and we saw another tab pop up. We clicked the folder with our flash drive name on it. I then imported the stuff from the flash drive onto pinnacle studios. It took a great deal of time for the files to finish copying.  When the files finished copying the video was ready to be edited. Now it was time to decide what footage we wanted to keep.

      I dragged the scenes slowly to the editing strip. Then we trimmed a few seconds off each scene. Suddenly I hear that class is almost over. My brain stopped for a second. We had just started editing and class was almost over. So my group mates decided to edit on Imovie. We had to edit when we got home that night. So When I got home that night I called my group mates. We talked as one of our group mates edited the scenes on her phone. It seemed easier this way, rather then using pinnacle studios. After we finished editing, my group mate sent the video to all of us, so we could look over it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Short Film CR

1.  How do  your products represent social groups or issues? With making a film, comes many elements that go unthought about. I do not belie...