Thursday, January 7, 2021

Huge Problem




 This has to be the hardest film I have ever done. We thought that we were done filming and got all those shots we needed. The day after coming back from winter break our media teacher reminded us that we needed to have different angles and movements in the film. We had a big oh normal moment in realized all the shots we're in the same angle and move me. The biggest problem though was that our actors moved away. We plan to film ahead of time because one of our friends was moving away to college. Therefore, any retakes that needed to be done had to be done before she moved away. Now you were left scrambling trying to find new actors in re film the whole movie. Our solution was to use my partners boyfriend and sisters in order to refill. The only thing was some of them live in Georgia and some of them live in Florida. So, we had to walk through step by step on how to hold the camera in order to get the different angles in which movements to get them. Trying to film over the phone is not as easy as you think it would be you don't have as much creative direction because you're not physically there in order to get the perfect picture. Filming in Florida however ran previous smoothly because our partner was there with the sister and was able to be that director in that situation. We now have to rely on people outside the state to help us get our project finished in time for our release date. As stressful as this process has been, I have to say I now completely understand what people in the film industry go through. I'm not just talking about the actors and directors but also the people behind the scenes like marketing and social media. We should recognize all the other people other than just the actors in directors because without them the films would not be possible. I am grateful that I had a partner in all of this because if I was on my own already gave up a long time ago. Now we just have to get through these last couple of days and we should be able to release our film on time. One thing that I had did hope for was that we would be able to have a screening well other people immediate classrooms in order to showcase our room.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Short Film CR

1.  How do  your products represent social groups or issues? With making a film, comes many elements that go unthought about. I do not belie...