Monday, March 9, 2020

Last day of filming...kinda

We had our last day of diluting finally after what seems to be like 3 months. I could not be more than excited to get this over with. We ran into a couple of problems filming that we didn’t on any other day. We get to Aldi’s and we realized it was going going to be harder since we both needed to be in the scene, but we had no one behind the camera. I usually am the one doing all the filming during our other projects so it was a big change for me. We get to Aldi’s and I try to position the camera in the position and we wanted. I had to position the camera multiple times especially with people bumping into the camera. I get most of my scenes done with fairly no complications. Once again we have people asking to be “stars” in our movie. Getting everything filmed was fairly easy, but we ran into real problems when we’re almost done. First we needed to film the scenes with angry customer. I originally was the angry, but since one of group mates couldn’t film I became one of THE main character. I decided that we could have one of the cashiers be angry that we were holding up the line. The first cashier I asked was really shy so she told us to another one. The other cashier was ringing up a line so we were waiting and one of the other employees came up to us and asked us to be careful when we were filming because people were complaining about the camera. I didn’t get frustrated right away so I just took the camera off the tripod. The cashier was finally done ringing up the line and I asked her if she can be apart of our movie, but she had a bit of an attitude and told us to ask the manager. I went up and asked the manager and she told us it was up to the employees. After that whole ordeal we just decided to use only us two in that scene and have the sister became frustrated that her sister was taking to long. Boom we got that scene down and the finally scene with the phone we needed to film outside. We packed our stuff and got ready to film the finally scene. As I am setting up the tripod a lady comes up to us and tells us we need permission from the manager to be filming otherwise it was illegal. This is when I started getting frustrated because she was in the parking harassing customers to buy her special juices and waters. However I am a respectful person so I told her we did have permission from management, which we did. Thankful after all this we were able to be done... for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Short Film CR

1.  How do  your products represent social groups or issues? With making a film, comes many elements that go unthought about. I do not belie...