Thursday, March 5, 2020

Peer Review

We had our peer reviews recently and to be quite honest I was scared of what people were going to think of my film. I was most excited though to be reviewing someone else film. I think this important because you get another pair of eyes outside your group who may see things different from you. The person I got made her film about an nuclear attack that was happening and someone trying to save the world. When watching it by myself I thought the movie was about an assassin out to do something. When talking with the person who made the film she then clarified what the movie was about, which brings me to my first point. The story behind the movie was very confusing for me, but not only for me but for the rest of my group. I turned to them after watching asking them what they thought the movie was about. What I came up with was obviously not the story behind the movie. I think what made the film unclear was that her sound was low. The dialogue that was playing in the back of the movie was difficult to hear; the noise coming from other classmates did not help either. There was a couple things that I really liked despite me not understanding the movie. She uses the angles and movements in a strategic way that makes the film flow together really well. The way she is able to capture her surroundings and the mood she needs while getting all the angles and movements was well done. My favorite part of her film is in one part there is a television that is on a news channel and in the middle of broadcasting the tv becomes static. Her being able to put that effect in was really neat to me. There was definitely that pull factor that made me want to continue watching more of the film. I overall liked her movie she just needs to fix the volume/dialogue issue in order to make her story understandable.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Short Film CR

1.  How do  your products represent social groups or issues? With making a film, comes many elements that go unthought about. I do not belie...